Corpus Christi Holistic Counseling & Integrative Healing
TX LPC Intern Supervision, TX 40 Hour LPC Supervisor Course, CEU'S Texas LPC'S
Cathy Armstrong, MS, LPC-S
Fellow National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist,
I am here to provide a variety of services to meet personal and professional needs during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Professional Development and Consultation
- Web based CEU's for Mental Health Providers
- LPC Intern Supervision
- 40 Hour LPC Supervisor Training Course
- Continuing Education for Birth Workers
- Hypnotherapy 50 Hour Training Course, Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Levels
- Consultation to LPC Supervisors, Case reviews, Setting up a Private Practice During a Pandemic
I have over 40 years of combined experience in Mind Body mental health and registered nursing. I believe that we all have the ability heal, grow stronger, become happier, more balanced, and more creative with help. It is my goal to help people along the journey in life to find joy, inner peace, and learn to live life with ease. I provide a sacred space for others to find inner strength, the healing temple from within and tap into their "own wisdom light," I try to instill resiliency and hope and help others soar as they "rise up from the ashes, like the Phoenix." I now offer tele-mental health counseling, hypnosis, hypnosis birthing classes, and support groups for new moms. I have a passion for the childbearing years and in helping to create healthy families. I am a former certified childbirth educator, hypnosis birthing doula, labor and delivery RN, breastfeeding educator, prenatal and parent educator. I provide counseling for prenatal anxiety, fear, relationship issues, gestational diabetes, high risk pregnancy ,and depression. After the baby comes, I help new moms couple with postpartum depression, anxiety, and birth trauma. Individual and couples counseling sessions are available on zoom.
I am here to help individuals,couples, and professionals in the health care and mental health fields that facing life changes and challenges, process traumas, heal, and move forward with their lives. Most of the clients I see tell me that they are "feeling stuck feeling overwhelmed/anxious/fearful, have trouble communicating, not having a voice,not being heard, feeling discounted or ignored, trouble setting boundaries and keeping them and not getting the love they want and deserve."
Many clients seek my services to heal core wounds from childhood or other traumatic past relationships. I also help other professionals heal from vicarious trauma. I provide counseling, consultation, and hypnotherapy to attorneys, teachers, nurses, mental health care providers, birth workers, and the general public. I see many counselors and therapists for personal growth work in order to process core wounds and heal so that their personal history does not get in the way of becoming the best therapist they can be.
I have been trained by Pam England in Birth Story (coping with Birth Trauma), author and creator of Birthing Within. In the last r 40 years I have helped hundreds of woman use hypnosis to achieve amazing natural birthing experiences. These woman gave birth at home, birthing centers, and in hospitals I am a big fan and supporter of Birth Trauma Specialist, Dr. Erin Bowe, a Clinical and Perinatal Psychologist in Victoria, Australia. I provide Continuing Education and Speaking Engagements on Birth Trauma Recovery, Postpartum Depression, Anxiety and Depression During the Childbearing Years, and the use of Integrative Counseling Methods and Somatic Therapies in the Treatment of Birth Fear Release and Birth Trauma Healing. I have advanced training in hypnosis for childbrith and trained with top leading Childbirth Hypnosis Training Organiations.
A Note From Cathy About Maternal Mental Health
With the stress of Covid 19 Services for Women, Relationships, and New or Expectant Mothers and Their Partners are available via Zoom and Home Study only. Services for women that are pregnant or have recently had a newborn baby are still available with Secure web cam services. I am able to provide virtual Hypnosis Services for hospital births, birth centers, and home births. I am very passionate about empowering pregnant and new mothers manage the transitions of motherhood with ease and joy. it is a please and joy working with pregnant, birthing, and new parents enjoy healthy, peaceful, more relaxed and birth experiences. I honor the rite of passage into motherhood, find birth to be a sacred spiritual experience and am here to help new parents enjoy the magic of parenthood. Memories of those precious and special times during pregnancy, birth, and the newborn period are to be treasured and cherished for a lifetime.
Professional Education and Counseling Services Include:
- Pregnancy, Infertility, Conception Issues
- PTSD Birth Trauma Recovery Counseling
- Prenatal Meditation & Stress Management
- Professional LPC CEU'S
- Counseling and Training for Birth Professionals
- Advanced Doula Training
- Advanced Childbirth Educator Training
- Advanced Mental Health Training for Lactation Consultants
- Specking Events to Hospitals, Universities and Colleges on Perinatal Mental Health
- Fear and Anxiety Release
- Blended Families
- Postpartum Counseling
- Birth Counseling
- Hypnosis for Childbirth
- Hypnosis for Preterm Labor (Doctors order requested)
- Hypnosis for Natural Labor Induction (must have physician approrval and referral)
- Relationship Conflicts
- Miscarriage, Stillbirth
- Grief, Bereavement, Loss
- Divorce, Separation
- Other Women's Issues
TX Mental Health Professional Counseling Services for Women, Couples, New Families
As a Licensed Professional Counselor, Cathy offers clients a safe place to self-reflect, explore, create, and change. Together you visit the possibilities for personal and professional growth. Cathy listens with compassion, offering words of encouragement. Cathy will help you explore language, communication, and, behavior patterns, core beliefs and values. Explore the limitations and weaknesses you see about yourself and turn them into strengths and successes.
- Learn to See your own blind spots and stop finding fault with others.
- Learn to Have a Voice, be able to say, "NO!" without feeling guilty, afraid, or ashamed!
- Create Healthy Relationships and Set Healthy Boundaries.
- Learn to Stop giving away your personal power.
- Know that you have choices and the ability to use the power of your mind to create success.
- Build your self-confidence and learn to say, "No, " rather than withdrawing, shutting down, and feeling like everything is your fault if your do not people please!
- Release fear, and welcome an opportunity to bring your baby into the world with ease, peace, and joy!
- Gain self-respect and the respect of others with compassion, love, and joy.
- Allow yourself to have the ability to go through life with ease!
- Gain stress relief during your pregnancy and postpartum time.
- Enjoy the magic of parenthood.
- Bond with your unborn baby!
- Release core beliefs, thoughts, feelings, and attitudes that keep you from creating the life, birth, or career you want to create!
LEARN About the Limbic System & STOP THE PATTERN OF FIGHT FLIGHT FREEZE
- Change Your Thoughts, Beliefs, and Catastrophic Thinking
- Open to New Possibilities and Outcomes
- Stop Sticking Yourself to be Stuck
- Learn to Control You Reactions to Stress
- Change Your Point of Reference
- Make new Choices that You Can Make once your Know that It's Possible
- Stop Attaching to the Negativity and Fear
- Explore Self-Defeating Thoughts and Self-Talk
- Stop Self-Sabotage & Get Out of Your Own Way
- Identify Your Strengths & Limitations
- Stop Attracting the Wrong Support People
- Stop Attracting the Wrong Relationship
- Stop Taking Ownership for Other People and their Problems
- Learn to Ask Yourself "Who does this problem really belong to?"
- Explore Your Mindset What is it IT That You are Attracting
- Attitude Change for Successful Living, Having More Happiness, Love, and Joy
- Learn How to Work with Your Mind and Body in Harmony the way Nature Intended
Integrative Spiritual Direction, Wellness Counseling, Life Coaching, Hypnosis, LPC Intern Supervision Openings
- EMDR, Yoga Breath Work, EFT (Tapping), CBT, ACT, Prayer
- Meditation, Mindfulness, Sleep Quality Enhancement, Healthy Nutrition
- Food Addiction, Binge Eating, Repeated Diet Failure Recovery
- Anxiety, Low Level Depression, Anger
- Sex Addiction, IPORN, Codependency, Love/Relationship Addiction
- Sexual Issues in Men and Women's Health and Wellness
- Vegan & Low Carb Nutrition Coaching, Diabetes Nutrition Coaching
- Obesity Counseling & Consultation, Hypnosis and Education
Combining Neuroscience, MINDFULNESS, and Setting The Intention
Dear Future Clients Please Read Carefully:
- If you or your loved one are having thoughts of suicide or homicide please call 911 immediately.
- We provide information about our services only to the potential client if they are over the age of 18.
- We are a practice of commitment, change, wellness, personal, and professional growth!
- We are a Mind, Body, Spirit-Whole Person Practice
- We offer 90 minute session rather than the traditional 50 minute session and are mostly self-pay!
- We do not treat serious mental health issues in this office. We see clients with normal everyday concerns. We do not work with attorney offices for the purpose of litigation.
- We see only couples that are both 100 % committed to change and talk to both parties.
- Family Therapy and Couples Counseling Services are Different and Marriage Counseling is not covered by most insurance plans. We do not prove EAP work. We must contact your insurance plans before scheduling and appointment and we request that you also contact your provider not just read about your plan on the Internet.
- We do not see couples for individual therapy if they are coming here for couples counseling. We do require the couple to be seen together. If individual therapy is needed in addition to couples counseling we will be happy to work with your therapist to provide continuity of care and to follow the requirements of the licensing board.
- We do not prescribe medications and do not offer emergency or crisis counseling.
- We do not treat serious substance abuse issues as part of couples counseling.
- If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol we require that you are in counseling with another therapist treating your addiction and we will be happy to coordinate services for couples or marital therapy.
- We do not take cases involving litigation, attorney, court, custody, divorce, or social security documentation or court appearance ! Our notes are not to provide information to the courts or legal system and are not written as a narrative to be used as a tool to help win a case or court related problem. In the event that an attorney wants your records or contacts our office there will be a fee charged, a retainer fee is changed, and fees are charged for court appearances, including driving time.
- If you are in hopes of using your insurance, please call them and make sure that I am in network, ask if you have a deductible and how much it is, ask how much you still need to pay to meet your deductible then what your co pay will be once that is met. Ask if you have a copay and ask what that will be, find out if you need a referral and or an authorization from your physician to be seen for counseling, find out how many session you are allowed per calendar year.
- This is a practice of healing and 100% client commitment!!!
Healing Relationships...Healing for YOUR INNER CHILD, MIND, HEART, AND SPIRIT!
Fee and CANCELLATION POLICY:
I take only a few insurance plans and most of our services are self pay. I am on some Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans but not all of them. I do take Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield, (we do not take Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, or BCBS HMO). We accept Human PPO, Aetna PPO, and some plans of Untied Healthcare PPO. Co pay visits vary depending upon your insurance coverage. Please check with your insure plan for exact details.
Please call your insurance carrier prior to scheduling a visit.
- A Fee is charged if you fail to provide 24 hour notice of cancellation .
- Payment is due at the time the appointment is scheduled and must be collected before the session begins!
- Weekend appointments and after 4:15 pm sessions must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- A cancellation fee of 100% of service will be charged in the case of NO SHOWS or sessions that are not
- cancelled or rescheduled within 24 hours of the session time.
- We see highly motivated and committed clients only!
Telephone Us (361) 688-8200
5934 S. Staples, #206, Corpus Christi, Texas 78413