Christian/Catholic/Non Denominational Counseling
- The Office of Cathy Armstrong
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor
- Ordained Minister
The key to change is both internal and external-You can transcend the physical world to better your mind, body, and soul. Whether it be though a spiritual awakening, energy healing,or through prayer and meditation.
Find your purpose, give back to the world, and have a more fulfilled life.
What are your waiting for?
Learn to connect with your Inner wisdom that we were given to us by God. it is a natural gift, that helps us facilitate the connection between our soul and our physical body. Many times our God Consciousness or intuition is operating in our lives on a daily basis without us being aware of it! Learn about the power of faith, hope, and learn to love yourself and release negative thinking in your life that only creates more pain and suffering in the big picture!
Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich was a prodigy of Andrew Carnegie. Hill writes about, faith, belief and desire. He felt that faith or belief determined the action of our subconscious minds. Over and over again we are told by religious leaders, " to hold the faith, have faith, put your faith into it," yet usually fail to tell us how to have faith. Hill believed that "faith" is a state of mind that is achievable to us if we talk to ourselves with autosuggestion. Hill teaches us that faith is "the eternal elixir of life, power, and action to the impulse of thought." He spoke about the domination of our thoughts that occupy our minds.
Faith Based Counseling and Spiritual Life Coaching
What is Spirituality?
- Spirituality has many definitions, and it is not necessarily connected to a particular religious worship or a specific belief system.
- It is more a connection with yourself and with others
- Spirituality depending on the person can take place with: religious observation,prayer, meditation, and a belief in a higher power
- Spirituality for others can include the development of personal value systems, connection with art/music/nature, having a sense of purpose, involvement is a particular secular community or finding and experiencing peace.
It is my belief that we contain within us a spark of God's light and love in our hearts, that is able to perceive divine love and truth. In our busy lives today, many times this part of us gets covered over by social conditioning and we forget to connect to the Divine and seek inner guidance from within. I do offer Christian and Non-Denominational Counseling as well as Spiritual Life Coaching.
- Spiritual counselors help people along the path of life to grow spiritually.
- They can help clients find a purpose in life, help overcome emotional blocks or obstacles, and learn to move forward in life by geeing a new and different perspective of emotional pain, grief, and loss.
- Like other counselors, spiritual counselors do a lot of listening.
- Learn to develop a sense of purpose and meaning within yourself
- Find hope and peace during times of crisis and personal struggles
- Learn to help others, gain a sense of connection
- Learn to look at the "big picture" in times of stress
- Learn to find inner peace, a sense of belonging
- Connect to something outside of your self such as God, a Higher Power, nature, music, and art.
- Learn o participate in activities such as prayer, meditation, deep breathing, and participating in mindfulness, gratitude, and silent observation of yourself and your breath
- Gain social support
- Connect to the world
- Uncover what is meaningful to you
- Clarify your values
- Relieve stress
- Release loneliness
- Create a healthy lifestyle
How to Recognize Our Own Spiritual Guidance
One of my spiritual teachers taught me that we need to sit still in the silence and listen. Our inner wisdom and intuition talks to us quietly, with the voice of Love, Light, and Warmth. It will repeat itself as often as necessary. Inner guidance often comes with a feeling of "rightness or a feeling release of fear and doubt" and can be experienced as a feeling of hope, peace, love, warmth, comfort and even joy.
How To Connect With Your Spiritual Guidance
Meditation and Prayer
Prayer and mediation can both involve concentrating on a higher power. There are many different types of meditation that are associated with spiritual and religious practices and other types of medication that is simply focused concentration on either a mantra or on mindfulness that may or may not be associated with a spiritual practice.Prayer can be defined as a connection or communication with the sacred of divine that involves both intention and direction. In holistic wellness counseling, spirituality and religion are an important part of holistic life coaching and holistic wellness counseling. Research proves that there is a huge impact on a persons health and well-being that are linked to spiritual and religious belief systems and how they help a person cope with stress and improved health.
The practice of regular prayer or meditation can help us to re-connect with our own inner source of spiritual wisdom as know it whether we call it God, Source, Higher Self, or The Divine. It is common for people to access the wisdom of spiritual teachers or spiritual guides who can them to re-connect with our own inner source of spiritual wisdom.
In order to sit in the silence and know God learn the power of prayer and meditation. You can use any meditation technique that works for you, or you can simply sit quietly placing your hand on your heart, or sit with your palms up and focus you attention on your breath and on being in the present moment. Focus on the inhalation as you feel the coolness of your breath as you breathe in and focus on the warmth of your breathe as your breathe out. You can count if you like. Silently counting from 1 to 4 as you inhale, hold the breath for the count of 1, 2 then slowly exhale counting from 1 to 8. Feel you belly rise and fall as you breathe in and out.
Whenever your mind strays, or wanders into obsessive thinking, analyzing, or questioning, simply notice this, and bring your attention back to your breath, and to the present moment. Let go of any judgment, as the mind tends to be very active and you will be aware of yourself bringing yourself back to your breath frequently in the beginning.
A meditation practice like this can help you focus and quiet your mind. It can transform your life and your consciousness. It is simple and profound, and will reconnect you with your own inner source of wisdom as you learn to sit in the silence.
Sometimes, seekers of spiritual guidance get distracted along the way by inner blockages or pain they carry. A professional counselor can help that is able to help the person work through such blocks and gain better clarity and understanding of their struggles and move forward with their life.