Hello, and thank you for visiting. My name is Cathy Armstrong and I offer professional counseling, consultation, and life coaching repair services to couples in the Corpus Christi, Texas area. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor with over 40 years of combined mental health experience... including psychiatric nursing. clinical hypnotherapy, case management, and life coaching. I am here to help you get "unstuck" and move forward in your lives as couples, families, and individuals.
Feel free to read and look around as much as you like. You are welcome to come back anytime. You are not here by chance. You are probably here trying figure out what to do with your current relationship. It is common for couples to go through ups and downs in a marriage or exclusive relationship. If you and your partner are experiencing more downs than ups lately couples counseling can be helpful. One of my roles is to help "decoupled" relationships re-connect and be fun, enjoyable, peaceful, and loving. I use a compassionate integrated approach with warmth, compassion, and direct feedback to help each couple grow as a couple as well as individuals. My goal is to help you find your strengths and weaknesses and work together as a team to support each other in live with devoted communication to strengthen the bond between the two of you.
Are You Thinking Your Relationship Needs Help? Here are Some Red Flags in a Relationship :
1) Trouble expressing your feelings.
2) Feeling like you are not being heard, understood or validated.
3) Feeling like your reality is questioned with anger, hostility, lies, and deceit.
4) You find yourself feeling all alone and living with a stranger or a roommate.
5) Lack of intimacy, touch, and affection.
6) Your partner lies to you with a straight face.
7) You feel criticized, put down, feel unworthy, you are full of self-doubt and have poor self-esteem.
8) Snide remarks are made to you. You are lied to here and there. You get mixed messages, Come here and then go away!
The sooner you pick up the phone and call: (361) 688-8200 and ask for help the better – before problems become even more out of control.
I am here to help you change and improve the dynamics of your relationship and help you learn to step out of your own way not hurting the relationship more. You must be willing to identify your personal strengths and weakness that you both bring to the relationship and the parts you both play that keep it in the "stuck" or "off" position. Learn to take responsibility for the part you play and take a good look at yourself and explore the changes you need to make, instead of pointing your finger at your partner and expecting him or her to do all the changing.
I will be teaching you new tools to communicate, which will bring about trust, compassion, and connection. You will be taught how to reclaim your self-esteem, self-worth and move forward as you both take responsibility to heal the relationship and create a loving home and healthy family.
Some of the reasons couples seek relationship communication coaching and marriage counseling:
- To Improve Communication
- To Reconnect and Fall Back in Love
- To Resolve Trust Issues
- To Address Feelings of Abandonment and Loneliness
- To Stop Constant Repeated Arguments
- To Address Family Issues – Parenting, Children, In-laws
- To Address Problems Arguing Over Financial Issues
- To Address Jeasousy, Power and Control Issues
- To Discuss Lack of Affection, Intimacy and Sexual Issues
- To Address Problems of Infidelity/Cheating
- To Address Problems Regarging Addictions/Drugs/Alcohol Abuse
- To Resolve Issus About Household Responsibilities/Duties/Chores
- To Discuss Pornoghraphy Issuses and Sex Addictions
- Fees vary depending on which specific program you sign up for
- Initial Intake varies from Brief to Extensive and Ranges from $80 to $180
- After hours, weekends, and holidays, extended visits beyond 55 minutes have additional costs.
- Return visits range from $40 dollars for a brief visit to $150 depending on the day, time, and length of service.
- You can purchase a 3, 4, or 5 week prepaid bundle packages. Inquire about your many options and specific life coaching, consultation, or counseling/psychotherapy program you would like to participate in.
- Payments must be made at the start of each session or paid on PayPal before the session begins. To use PayPal we need your email address to send your an invoice. We take PayPal for deposits, bundle packages, and amounts over $100.00 only at this time.
- Deposits are required when you schedule an appointment on weekends, after hours, and holidays that are non-refundable. Regular working hours are from 9 to 4 pm. With noon time appointments available. After hours appointments are from 5 pm to 8 pm, weekends, and holidays and are charged with after hour fees. Most insurance companies do not pay for any type of relationship problem, couples, or marriage counseling services. If you choose to go with a different therapist/coach/ counselor please call your insurance and ensure that the couples sessions are actually covered and that you will not have to be given a psychiatric mental health diagnosis (unless you have one) to use your insurance.
- All extended visits are $180 and after hour visits are $180 dollars. The length of time ranges from 90 to 120 minutes depending how much material we need to cover in that session. Follow up visits range from $50 to $150 depending on your preferred service time and length of your appointment.
- You will be given an opportunity to be seen separately and then together in that session. An evaluation of individual coping skills, inventories, assessments, core issues, trauma, forgiveness, pay-back needs, jealousy, control, communication, and selfishness will be covered.
- We will create a plan of action with specific homework activities for you as individuals and for the relationship.
- The use of archetypes, expressive, creative therapy and Christian/Faith Based Counseling is used upon request. Please let us know if your would like a prayer at the beginning and end of the sessions. Our office is multicultural and we serve a variety of religious beliefs and are sensitive to personal cultural needs. Issues of mental health problems will be addressed and appropriate referrals will be made if needed.
- 5934 South Staples, Suite 206, Five Oaks Plaza Corpus Christi, Texas 78413