Telephone: (361) 688-82000
Come Work With Me! Couples Therapy Can Help!
- What if you knew that can can create new possibilities?
- What if your were both 100% committed to change and had to keep an open mind?
- What if you had to attend with an open mind, a positive attitude and and open heart?
- What if you were willing to stop blaming the other person?
- What if you stopped having to be right and have the last word?
- What if you could have a vision of how you would like your relationship to be like?
- What would happen if your were willing to were to look at the part your play in the problems?
Let's Focus on What You Want and Make It Happen! Let me help you change what is not working and put in place what you want to become a reality. Have faith in yourself and and in each other and create a New Possibility! You Can Do It! Together we can find strategies that work best for your specific needs as a couples. Stop feeling like roommates, living a life in a stagnant relationship. Stop the disconnect and daily power struggles and every day arguments that make you feeling tired, miserable, and alone. Maybe you are fighting over little things and are becoming more and more resentful, feeling unheard, and stuck. Maybe you are trying to avoid contact with your partner all together. Even though the past put you were you are now, our work will be focusing on the present and discussing the past as a learning experience to help create new and different ways of navigating your life together as couple and learning to move beyond the past, learning to set free emotional baggage, pain, and hurt that you have been carrying around with you.
Warning Signs, Take the Test:
True or False Do Your Or Your Partner Have:
- Negative Thinking, Fault Finding, Pointing the Finger
- Problems Becoming Easily Frustrated With Your Partner
- Issues Becoming Defensive and Do Not Know Why
- Trouble Opening Up, Saying What is On Your Mind
- Issues with Gaslighting
- Issues with Narcissism
- Have to have the Last Word
- Arguments when told, "NO!"
- To Be Right and will do Paybacks, becomes spiteful and vindictive
- A Lack compassion or empathy towards Partner
- Problems with being Judgmental or Critical
- Controlling, Demanding
- Problems with Yelling, changing the truth, manipulation, or Name Calling
- Anger problems Telling Partner they are Crazy or Paranoid
- Problems with Self Control, Emotional Regulation, Overreacting
- Codependency, Jealousy, Control, Fear Problems
- Trust Issues
- Sexuality Concerns, Pornography Issues, Prostitution
- Infidelity, Cheating Problems
- Problems with Honesty, Loyalty, Being Truthful
- Lack of Communication and Intimacy
- Problems Failing to Accept Your Actions
- Problems Being Manipulated, Having to Always Win, Have the Last Word
- Alcohol Abuse, Substance Abuse, Addiction Issues
- Problems with Family of Origin, Trauma, In Laws
- Parenting or Blended Family Concerns
- Anger Problems, Domestic Abuse, Violence
If you answered true to any of these you might be in the Red Zone and in need of Couples Counseling, a class, or a webinar. Clients with addictions must be in ongoing therapy with a separate counselor to with coordination of ongoing services between the two therapists providing individual and couples counseling.
Workshops, Weekend Retreats, and Webinars and Life Coaching for Couples and Marriages
- Identify your Purpose With Your Partner
- Breaking Patterns
- Creating a Relationship Blueprint
- Rewiring the Storage Unit of Our Unconscious Mind
- The Crazy 8's
- Rewiring Beliefs
Our Couples Workshops includes:
- Identifying Your Strengths and Weakness as Individuals, Couples, Adult Children, Parents, etc.
- Understanding Love: "In Love vs. True Love"
- Love Addiction and the Drama Cycle
- Clarifying your individual expectations of each other in a relationship
- Identifying Signs of Toxic Communication
- Stop Making Excuses
- Identify if you Point the Finger...Are You a Blamer or a Giver?
- Identifying Who Does The Problem or Issue Belong To
- Cutting Cords on Unhealthy Communication Patterns
- How to identify what to leave at the Front Door
- What you want to Flush, Fertilize, or Keep
- Exploring communication styles and identifying your blind spots
- Conflict Resolution, Write your own vows and remember to read what you wrote
- Couples Communication Inventory, Taking personal responsibility for the part you play
- Intimacy and sexuality Identifying your needs as a unique individual
- Working together as a couple and not giving up your own self/identity
- Creating a partnership of equality
- Identify ways to grow closer as a couple when stress piles up
- Writing a mission statement about your marriage
- Create a vision for your marriage and identify ways to keep it
- Identify a plan to maintain faith and hope even in the darkest of times
Learn To Fill Each Other's Cup
“Let there be spaces in your togetherness, and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.” -Kahlil Gibran
Premarital counseling is for engaged couples who want to improve their communication, work out their differences, learn to agree to disagree and create a strong, healthy relationship before they walk down the aisle and say , "I Do!" We offer individual sessions to address your personal and unique needs as a couple.
Premarital counseling can give you a better chance for a forever and satisfying marriage by helping you identify your individual strengths and weaknesses and the issues from your past ( past traumas, past hurts from previous failed relationships, unresolved family of origin issues, personal issues with anger, power, jealousy, and control} that that could become problems later from the I Do's to Shift to I Don'ts.
We have many plans to choose from. Schedule a one time 90 minute session or choose from a variety of bundle packages.
Premarital Counseling is an important investment every couple needs to make for a long lasting committed and happy relationship. We offer faith based and Christian Counseling/Catholic/Non Denominational Holy Spirit based and Traditional Counseling. Christian Counseling is offered only by request. Traditional Research Based Counseling is offered using research based theories such as the Gottman Method-uses couples therapy techniques to improve affection, closeness, and respect for each other. This method helps to resolve conflict when you feel that you're stuck and cannot move forward. As a couple you will learn to sit calmly and discuss problems together as you learn to really understand each other with respect. This method of couples therapy helps you state your needs and stresses conflict management rather than conflict resolution. Trust and commitment to a lifetime relationship is stressed.
Narrative Therapy is a way to move away from the Negative by learning to describe your problems in narrative form, then helps you to rewrite the negative part of the story. By acknowledging that problems do not define people but problems are something we have as individuals you learn to look at problems from different points of view.
The methods help you explore conceptions and behaviors as you gain insight to facts that create issues for you and your partner. You find new ways to look at problems with a different point of you, dealing more effectively with your problems, as you effectively rewrite the Narrative of Your Relationship.
EFT or Emotionally Focused Therapy was developed by Dr. Sue Johnson. It explores and helps to expand the expansion and reorganization of responses that are emotional in nature, seeks to secure a close bond between the couple, and repositions each partner's stance during interactions and creates new, beneficial interactions in your relationship building a partnership.
Positive Psychology This method of couples therapy places emphasis on creative positive emotions, character strengths, and constructive points of view to teach that happiness comes from a variety of mental and emotional factors helping you identify happy moments rather that being stuck and repeating the unhealthy cycle of those moments in retrospect. You will learn to live in present, not the past that creates destruction and sabotages the relationship and yourself, learn to liberate yourself to experience joy. Stay in the present, not going through the trash can looking for old hurtful and unneeded pain that stops you from going forward. Create hoy, happiness, with ease. It is our perception of the problems that create unhappiness and dis-ease, learn to identify your emotions as the arise and learn to journal, unplug, create new, learn to write about the experience you are having and go back and look at your journal entries the next day. In your journal, expand on these entries from the previous day. Learn to condition yourself to enjoy moments as the are experience.
Stand in strength and love committed to loving each other more each day!
- How to cope with stressors caused by work, schedule conflict, changes, transitions and other outside occurrences such as caring for an elderly parent or death of a loved one.
- How to keep your romance alive in marriage and continue to show each other each day how you love them more and more.
- How to identify Individual needs and Individual Expectations.
- How to incorporate the importance of touch, eye contact, intimacy, respect, acceptance, attention, affection, sexual needs, emotional needs, time together, spiritual and psychological needs of the relationship and each individual so that you do not drift apart.
- How to deal with anger, frustration, impatience, or lack of communication.
- How to resolve your individual or familial differences or conflict and learn about each other’s background and explore your family of origin. Cope with in-law issues as your strength as a couple grows stronger!
- How to identify the potholes in your current relationships and create your own vision and mission statement for your relationship.
- I offer integrative couples therapy utilizing a combination of the various counseling methods I have outlined. I'm here to provide a comprehensive relationship and marital education program that helps couples learn tools and techniques to create a healthy and happy marriage or committed life together.
- You will be able to express your personal expectations about yourself, the relationship and your partner. Issues of responsibilities and selfishness will be explored.
- We will discuss healthy communication and explore how destructive communication can damage a relationship. Issues of sexual intimacy, sex addiction, pornography as well as expectations, communication, sexual appetite and pleasure will be addressed.
I see many couples for marriage counseling that either failed to talk about their likes, dislikes, ineffective communication issues, anger and resentment, disagreements about how to handle finances, spending allowances, goals as a couple, unresolved issues with attention, sex, power and control, religious differences, extended family problems before they said the magic words, "I do." Most people marry thinking that the "red flags" they saw will go away after they get married. Wrong! I am here to help your strengthen your relationship and learn to get through life working, playing, praying, and staying together.
- The Traditional Journey Workshop for Couples is structured for the needs of each couples
- I offer 2 Tracks of the same program, one being is non-religious program offering a variety of exercises and discussions, needs assessments, inventories, and are tailor made to fit the needs of each couple and a modified version that is Faith Based that utilized prayer, scripture (based on the individual faith of each couple.) If a couple is of different religious affiliation we will explore ways to create harmony and avoid religious conflict within the marriage or relationship. I have both secular and non -secular degrees and advanced training in pastoral counseling and am an ordained minister with a non-related counseling degree in religious studies and ordination as a minister (non-counseling related). I am available to discuss any issues about spirituality and religion you might have as a couple. I am able to incorporate your religious values, practices, and beliefs into our sessions together and respect them at whatever level of involvement they may have in your lives.
- Both tracks are about Real Life and ways to work together as a couple when conflict, change, and stress gets in the way of the marriage. Both track include a variety of research based couples therapy methods.
Workshops and Individual Sessions
Through classes, workshops, and couples sessions you will become educated about what marriage and/or a healthy committed relationship is all about and become mindful in ways to create a deeper self-awareness of how your actions, words, thoughts and beliefs impact your own growth and help or hurt the relationship. You will be able to identify and resolve differences between you and your partner and use these same communications tools with other relationships at work, with peers and other family members.
Call today and find out how you can create a marriage and a healthy and happy family for a lifetime.
We Do Not: Provide Counseling for Serious Mental Health Concerns, We Do Not offer Crisis Counseling, Medication, or Intervention. We do not provide counseling for custody or divorce concerns. I am not an expert witness in litigation issues.
If you or a loved one is having thoughts of suicide, homicide, self-harm, or harming others CALL 911 Immediately!
To schedule an appointment Call: (361) 688-8200