Learn To Fill Each Other's Cup
Cathy Armstrong, RN, MS, LPC-S
16 week Challenge to a Being Happier
Telephone: (361) 541-4564
“Let there be spaces in your togetherness, and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.” -Kahlil Gibran
Premarital Counseling, Couples Repair, Relationship Enhancement
Premarital counseling is for engaged couples who want to improve their communication, work out their differences, learn to agree to disagree and create a strong, healthy relationship before they walk down the aisle and say , "I Do!" We offer individual sessions to address your personal and unique needs as a couple.
Premarital counseling can give you a better chance for a forever and satisfying marriage by helping you identify your individual strengths and weaknesses and the issues from your past ( past traumas, past hurts from previous failed relationships, unresolved family of origin issues, personal issues with anger, power, jealousy, and control that that could become problems later from the I Do's to Shift to I Don'ts.
We have many plans to choose from. Schedule a one time 90 minute session or choose from a variety of bundle packages.
Premarital Counseling is an important investment every couple needs to make for a long lasting committed and happy relationship. We offer faith based and Christian Counseling/Catholic/Non Denominational Holy Spirit based and Traditional Counseling. Christian Counseling is offered only by request.
Services, Workshops, CEU Tranings for LPC'S, Couples Journey Seminars, and Life Coaching Sessions.
Couples Journey Workshop
This is a self pay service.
FEES: Self Pay Service Couples Workshop
- Fees range from $60 to $100 per session.
- All INITIAL VISITS ARE $100 and are not included in Bundle Packages.
- Prepaid Bundle packets are for FOLLOW UP VISITS only and reduce your fee to $80.00 per hour and are & $240.00 for three 60 minute sessions.
- If you use Paypal there is an additional fee of 3% plus each transaction.
- The first session in $100 bor both of you to attend. Follow up visits are 60 minutes long for you to be seen as a couple and are $100 for each 90 minute visit, $80 for prepurched sesion of 3 prepaid session that must be used in 3 weeks with the maximum extension of 1 week. Packages/bundles do not carry over.
- There are no refunds. Must be prepaid. They have a start date and a dote of completion. Extra 3 week sessions may be purchased.
- The Course is 16 weeks long and you can pay one session at a time at the fee of $100 for a 60 minute session, 6 Week Prepaid $450, or 12 Weeks Pre-Paid $875 and 16 Weeks Prepaid $1,120.00.
- No Refunds on Prepaid workshop/classes/sessions ! There is no carry over and session must be completed from the Start to Finish Date with No Exceptions!
We accept Paypal, money orders and cash.
Stand in strength and love committed to loving each other more each day!
You and your partner will learn :
How to cope with stressors caused by work, schedule conflict, changes, transitions and other outside occurrences such as caring for an elderly parent or death of a loved one.
How to keep your romance alive in marriage and continue to show each other each day how you love them more and more.
How to identify Individual needs and Individual Expectations.
How to incorporate the importance of touch, eye contact, intimacy, respect, acceptance, attention, affection, sexual needs, emotional needs, time together, spiritual and psychological needs of the relationship and each individual so that you do not drift apart.
How to deal with anger, frustration, impatience, or lack of communication.
How to resolve your individual or familial differences or conflict and learn about each other’s background and explore your family of origin. Cope with in-law issues as your strength as a couple grows stronger!
How to identify the potholes in your current relationships and create your own vision and mission statement for your relationship.identifying their philosophical stance towards their relationship.
Our Couples Journey Program includes:
- Identifying Your Strengths and Weakness as Individuals, Couples, Adult Children, Parents, etc.
- Clarifying your individual expectations of each other in a relationship
- Identifying Signs of Toxic Communication
- Stop Making Excuses
- Identify if you Point the Finger...are you a Blamer or a Giver?
- Identifying Who Does Problem or Issue Belong To
- Cutting Cords on Unhealthy Communication Patterns
- How to identify what to leave at the Front Door
- What you want to Flush, Fertilize, or Keep
- Exploring communication styles and identifying your blind spots
- Conflict Resolution, Write your own vows and remember to read what you wrote
- Couples Communication Inventory, Taking personal responsibility for the part you play
- Intimacy and sexuality Identifying your needs as a unique individual
- Working together as a couple and not giving up your own self/identity
- Creating a partnership of equality
- Identify ways to grow closer as a couple when stress piles up
- Writing a mission statement about your marriage
- Create a vision for your marriage and identify ways to keep it
- Identify a plan to maintain faith and hope even in the darkest of times
- Journey Workshop for Couples is structured for the needs of each couples
- . My program is a non-religious program offering a variety of exercises and discussions, needs assessments, inventories, and are tailor made to fit the needs of each couple.
- Faith based programs are available upon request.
- This program is about Real Life and ways to work together as a couple when conflict, change, and stress gets in the way of the marriage.
- I am available to discuss any issues about spirituality and religion you might have as a couple.
- I am able to incorporate your religious values, practices, and beliefs into our sessions together and respect them at whatever level of involvement they may have in your lives.
- If a couple is of different religious affiliation we will explore ways to create harmony and avoid religious conflict within the marriage or relationship. I have both secular and non -secular degrees and advanced training in pastoral counseling and am an ordained minister with a non-related counseling degree in religious studies..
I am here to provide a comprehensive relationship and marital education program that helps couples learn tools and techniques to create a healthy and happy marriage or committed life together. You will be able to express your personal expectations about yourself, the relationship and your partner. Issues of responsibilities and selfishness will be explored. We will discuss healthy communication and explore how destructive communication can damage a relationship. Issues of sexual intimacy, sex addiction, pornography as well as expectations, communication, sexual appetite and pleasure will be addressed.
I see many couples for marriage counseling that either failed to talk about their likes, dislikes, ineffective communication issues, anger and resentment, disagreements about how to handle finances, spending allowances, goals as a couple, unresolved issues with attention, sex, power and control, religious differences, extended family problems before they said the magic words, "I do." Most people marry thinking that the "red flags" they saw will go away after they get married. Wrong! I am here to help your strengthen your relationship and learn to get though life working, playing, praying, and staying together.
Workshops and Individual Sessions
Through classes, workshops, and couples sessions you will become educated about what marriage and/or a healthy committed relationship is all about and become mindful in ways to create a deeper self-awareness of how your actions, words, thoughts and beliefs impact your own growth and help or hurt the relationship. You will be able to identify and resolve differences between you and your partner and use these same communications tools with other relationships at work, with peers and other family members.
In addition to being a premarital therapist I am ordained to be a wedding officiant. Couples that attend a five session program will qualify for a free wedding ceremony to be held in my office. This is for very small and private ceremonies only and the guest list is limited to one witness each.
Call today and find out how you can create a marriage and a healthy and happy family for a lifetime.