Cathy Armstrong RN, MS, Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor
Certified CCHt Fellow with NBCCH Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider
Remove Emotional Blocks that Stop Your Success! Help for Compulsive, Night, & Binge Eating
Oops, I ATE IT !
The holidays are coming. Learn to bounce back when you break your own rules.
Finding freedom from being a prisoner of food requires exploring your perceptions, attitudes and behaviors that keep you trapped in you addiction with food.
Advanced Training in Addictions and Binge Eating Disorders, Love, Sex, Relationships, Codependency
Whole Person Services for the Mind, Body, & Spirit
Welcome to your journey of understanding and solving your battle with food. I am her to help you move beyond your food addiction and help you remove past wounds and emotional blocks that trigger your binge eating, stress eating, compulsive eating, and emotional eating. I am here to help you in BODY MIND AND SPIRIT. I AM A REGISTERED NURSE, LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR AND ORDAINED MINISTER with hundreds of continuing education hours in nutrition, meditation, religious studies, hypnosis, faith based healing, neuroscience, energy psychology, mediation, counseling techniques and theories, and metaphysics. The word cor is the Latin word for heart or soul. I offer wellness counseling, life coaching, and classes in healing the spirit, improving wellness, lifestyle, nutrition, and emotional wellbeing to help you conquer your unresolved battles with food.
Individual program treatment plans for food addiction are made after an in depth assessment. Cathy is a member of your total health care team. We work with a variety of referral sources such as OB/GYN Doctors, Rheumatologists, Family Doctors, Internal Medicine Doctors, Endocrinologist, Cancer Specialist, Gastrointestinal Doctors, and Chiropractors, Allergy Doctors, and Bariatric Surgeons..
The Cathy Armstrong Method to stop overeating.
"The person who looks inside, awakens.” - Carl Jung
Nutrition, Consultation, Meditation, Stress Management, Fear & Anxiety Release & Hypnosis
- Stop Self-Sabotage
- Break Unhealthy Patterns With Food, Sex, IPorn, People, Places, and Things
- Battling the Odds
- Beyond the 12 Steps
- Learn to Meditate and Calm Your Active Mind
- Learn the Process of Rapid Induction for Transformation
- Control Binge Eating
- Learn About the Science of Addiction
- Learn to Set Healthy Boundaries
- Love to Exercise, Eat Healthy, Think Healthy, Be Healthy
- Improve Your Relationship With Food, People, Situations
- Tap Into Your Inner Resources, Experience the Mind, Body, Spirit Connection
- Rid Anxiety, Increase Motivation, Create a Happier Life
- What to Do After the Binge, Relapse Prevention
- Learn to Eliminate Intrusive and Negative Self-Talk
- Stop Addictive Behaviors, Rid yourself of Bad Habits
- Assessments for Change, Motivation, Commitment, and Success
- Learn How to Reinforce Your Hypnotherapy and EFT/Tapping Sessions in the Comfort of your own Home
Binge Eating Disorders Food Addiction
EMDR WEIGHT LOSS (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)EMDR, involves alternating sensory simulation of the clinician's fingers, while the client is instructed to attend to while focusing their mind on what ever thought or memory is creating distress for them. This is then repeated while the client holds in mind a set of positive thoughts that they are trying to put in place. This process can also be achieved with tapping, and the use of light movements.
- EMDR is an integrative approach used to treat trauma and recovery from childhood, addictions, fears, and relationship abuse. Trauma and/or abuse can impact how we feel about ourselves and can leave us feeling:
- unworthy and undesirable
- unlovable and not wanted
- damaged and broken
- not enough and never measures up
- like a failure and unsuccessful
- lost and alone
- guilty for no know reason undesirable like everything is all our fault A person that has been a victim in an abusive relationship may have similar negative beliefs.
- This can have a negative impact on success, relationships, parenting, communication, career, choices, and self-esteem. it can also create other distressing psychological symptoms.
- Release, let go, and make room for more creativity, joy, happiness, and a brighter future.
Cathy has over 16 years of experience in EMDR, over 40 years experience in Hypnotherapy & Tapping
In 2019, Cathy completed additional training in RELATIONAL EMDR to facilitate the healing of: shame, negative belief systems/negative self talk and create a shift and transformation to promote confidence, emotional release and hope to more forward in life's journey. It can be effective in the treatment of stress, addictions, grief and loss, anxiety, depression, and disturbing memories.
Cathy uses EMDR for other issues such as letting go of negative thought processes that keep people suck in compulsive and addictive behaviors, self-sabotage and negative beliefs about themselves. EMDR is way to help clients move forward by releasing feelings of anxiety, self-doubt, compulsive eating, and negative thinking. It can be incorporated the treatment of porn and sex addiction. EMDR is used many times to heal emotional blocks, and limitations and helps facilitate personal change and growth. It can be used to treat relationship issues many times when a client has experienced the trauma of infidelity and wants to remain with their partner.
To schedule and appointment and discuss if EMDR is a possible method of treatment for you please call our office at (361) 688-8200. Initial Session is $100.00 and Follow UP Sessions are $80.00
WEIGHT LOSS Emotional Freedom Technique ( Tapping, EFT)
A Mind Body Technique - Free a Path for spontaneous insights and clearer thinking.
Cathy Armstrong is now bringing EFT, The Emotional Freedom Technique to her mental health practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor. EFT is now considered evidenced based and has over 100 published studies. According to research, one study showed that the release of cortisol ( the stress hormone ) was decreased by 24% in the EFT Group. This is an effective form of brief therapy and has been useful when other methods treating resistance have failed.
Cathy Armstrong has was first introduced to Emotional Freedom Technique over 30 years ago and has used it in her personal life since. She has introduced it to her wellness and life coaching classes for many years as a Holistic Wellness Coach and Registered Nurse. EFT is no emerging into mainstream mental health. it is also used in employee assistance programs and sport psychology. it is used in the treatment of trauma and is helpful in the treatment of anxiety disorders such as :phobias, generalized anxiety, social and anxiety disorders, panic, OCD, and acute stress reactions.
FEE for EFT/Tapping is $100.00 for an initial assessment and $80.00 for Follow Up Visits.
Cathy offers contractual services to individuals, groups, and businesses.Telephone: (361) 541-4564
We do not prescribe medications or emergency mental health treatment. If you or a loved one are having suicidal or homicidal thoughts please call 911 immediately!