Cathy Armstrong Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor
CHANGE YOUR MIND/CHANGE YOUR LIFE WITH THE POWER OF YOUR MIND!
Remove Emotional Blocks that Lead to Healing
- Whole Person Services for the Mind, Body, &Spirit
- RN, Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider
- Spiritual Guidance
- Hypnotherapy Fellow NBCCH
- Tapping/EFT and EMDR
- Yoga for Trauma, Meditation Classes, Guided Imagery
- Group Facilitator
"The person who looks inside, awakens.” - Carl Jung
Hypnosis For Change and Transformation Love Yourself & Love Your Life
- Stop Self-Sabotage
- Break Unhealthy Patterns With People, Places, and Things
- Learn to Meditate and Calm Your Active Mind
- Learn the Process of Rapid Induction for Transformation
- Release Test Anxiety, and Fear of Public Speaking
- Learn to Set Healthy Boundaries
- Love to Exercise, Eat Healthy, Think Healthy, Be Healthy
- Improve Your Relationship With Food, People, Situations
- Tap Into Your Inner Resources, Experience the Mind, Body, Spirit Connection
- Rid Anxiety, Increase Motivation, Create a Happier Life
- Learn How to Reinforce Your Hypnotherapy and EFT/Tapping Sessions in the Comfort of your own Home
7 Spiritual Gifts Hypnosis 5934 S. Staples, Suite 206 Corpus Christi, Texas 78413 Telephone: (361) 688-8200
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- EMDR is an integrative approach used to treat trauma and recovery from childhood, addictions, fears, and relationship abuse. Trauma and/or abuse can impact how we feel about ourselves and can leave us feeling:
- unworthy and undesirable
- unlovable and not wanted
- damaged and broken
- not enough and never measures up
- like a failure and unsuccessful
- lost and alone
- guilty for no know reason undesirable like everything is all our fault A person that has been a victim in an abusive relationship may have similar negative beliefs.
- This can have a negative impact on success, relationships, parenting, communication, career, choices, and self-esteem. it can also create other distressing psychological symptoms.
- Release, let go, and make room for more creativity, joy, happiness, and a brighter future.
Cathy has training in basic and advanced EMDR training.
Cathy recently completed additional training in Relational EMDR to facilitate the healing of: shame,negative belief systems/negative self talk and create a shift and transformation to promote confidence, emotional release and hope to more forward in life's journey.
Cathy uses EMDR for other issues such as letting go of negative thought processes that keep people suck in self-sabotage and negative beliefs about themselves. It is way to help clients move forward by releasing feelings of anxiety, self-doubt, compulsive eating, and negative thinking. It can be incorporated the treatment of porn and sex addiction. It can be effective in the treatment of stress, addictions, grief and loss, anxiety, depression, and disturbing memories.
EMDR, involves alternating sensory simulation of the clinician's fingers, while the client is instructed to attend to while focusing their mind on what ever thought or memory is creating distress for them. This is then repeated while the client holds in mind a set of positive thoughts that they are trying to put in place. This process can also be achieved with tapping, and the use of light movements.
EMDR is used many times to heal emotional blocks, and limitations and helps facilitate personal change and growth. It can be used to treat relationship issues many times when a client has experienced the trauma of infidelity and wants to remain with their partner.
To schedule and appointment and discuss if EMDR is a possible method of treatment for you please call our office at (361) 688-8200.
Emotional Freedom Technique ( Tapping, EFT)
A Mind Body Technique - Free a Path for spontaneous insights and clearer thinking.
Call Us Today to Schedule an Appointment at (361) 688-8200
Cathy Armstrong is now bringing EFT, The Emotional Freedom Technique to her mental health practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor. EFT is now considered evidenced based and has over 100 published studies. According to research, one study showed that the release of cortisol ( the stress hormone ) was decreased by 24% int he EFT Group. This is an effective form of brief therapy and has been useful when other methods treating resistance have failed.
Cathy Armstrong has was first introduced to Emotional Freedom Technique over 30 years ago and has used it in her personal life since. She has introduced it to her wellness and life coaching classes for many years as a Holistic Wellness Coach and Registered Nurse. EFT is no emerging into mainstream mental health. it is also used in employee assistance programs and sport psychology. it is used in the treatment of trauma and is helpful in the treatment of anxiety disorders such as :phobias, generalized anxiety, social and anxiety disorders, panic, OCD, and acute stress reactions.
Tapping is now being used in mental health care and continuing education hours, mental health training and workshops are now offered throughout the country teaching social workers, marriage and family therapists, licensed professional counselors, and psychologists about the benefits of tapping and how to teach clients the tools to use it when they are between appointments.The method is simple to learn, is non-invasive, can be used with the client immediately, is calming, can be used as a desensitizing tool, and has shown to provide positive outcomes for most people.
Located on the south side of Corpus Christi, Texas between Holly and Wooldridge in The Five Oaks Plaza