Welcome to my Holistic Practice
I am a perinatal specialist and relationship coach with secular and non-secular education and training in registered nurse education, professional counseling, and clinical hypnotherapy. My doctorate is in a non related counseling field of religious studies with emphasis on faith, prayer, and ritual as an adjunct to medical treatment using traditional western medicine for patients with cancer and autoimmune disorders. I am a former Reiki Master, Prenatal Yoga Instructor, and Master Mind Facilitator. I am a big fan of Rhonda Byrne, Bob Proctor, Louise Hay, and Napolean Hill.
I have taught childbirth classes and attended hundred of natural births for over the last 40 years and even worked as a Labor Doula on Zoom. I incorporate self-hypnosis, guided imagery, mediation, and advanced training in relaxation techniques with emphasis to the birthing couple how to achieve the hypnotic, relaxed state during contractions, unexpected challenges that occur from time to time during birth, and how to breathe down with gentle and effective pushing to ease your child into the world with joy, peace, and feeling a sense of control and well being though out the birthing process. I give you tips on how to avoid the pitfalls of postpartum depression and birth trauma. Follow up sessions are included in your birthing packet and we meet twice week on zoom for 15 minutes the first month following the birth of your baby. Counseling services are also available if you have Humana PPO, and some of the Blue Cross Blue Shield and Aetna Insurance Plans.
I have extensive training and education in the Mind Body Connection and have been certified in 3 leading methods of natural pain management for childbirth using hypnosis. I have years of experience teaching, supervising, and being a board certified fellow clinical hypnotherapist. I still offer both professional training for Better Birthing with Hypnosis to Doulas, Birth Workers, Physicians, Interns, Supervisees, Nurses, and other Mental Health Professionals. On line, virtual classes are offered to expecting parents in Corpus Christi and across Texas.
I have been a leader in psychoneuroimmunology in South Texas and Mind Body Wellness since 1994 and a childbirth educator since 1974 when I became a labor and delivery doula, registered nurse, and birth educator. I offer counseling to women and their partners during the childbearing year, life transitions, and am a resource for parents seeking childbirth classes, natural childbirth, fear release of birth and motherhood, postpartum depression, birth trauma recovery, and parenting.
Counseling Services for New and Expecting Parenting
- Individuals, Couples, Group Therapy for Prenatal and Postpartum Counseling
- Hypnosis for Birth Classes
- Fear Release Counseling and Hypnosis for Childbirth Fears
- Counseling for Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Stress Relief, Anxiety and Depression Release
- Counseling for Birth Trauma
- Marriage Counseling Relationship Repair
- Trauma, PTSD
- Mothers and Daughters
- Family of Origin
Counseling Techniques and Methods of Treatment
- EMDR, Brain Spotting
- Animal Assisted Therapy
- Meditation and Deep Relaxation
- Energy Psychology
- Hypnosis and Guided Imagery
- Thought Stopping, Fear Release
- Affirmations, Positivity Training
- Expressive and Creative Art
- Sandtray, Shadow Work, CBT
- Yoga for Trauma, Somatic Therapy
Birthing Services for Hospital Births and Home Births
- Childbirth Classes, HypnosisBirthing,Virtual Zoom Doula Services
- Developing Couple Communication for Birth
- Birth Art, Sandtray, Journaling, Affirmations, Meditation
- Deep Focused Relaxation,
- Tapping and EMDR for Fear Release
- Hypnosis for More Comfortable and Easier Birthing
- Tranquil Birth Classes using Telehealth
- Counseling, Supervision, Mentoring, Continuing Education
- Energy Psychology, Jungian Concepts, Somatic Therapies
- Postpartum Depression, Mother Baby Bonding Issues and Birth Trauma Recovery
For more information or to see how you can have a more peaceful and relaxed pregnancy, birth or postpartum experience call Cathy today at (361) 688-8200. A Community Leader in Perinatal Mental Health Services since 1994. A leader in childbirth education and hypnosis for birth since 1974. 5934 S. Staples, Corpus Christi, Texas 78414.