Cathy Armstrong LPC-S Texas Board Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor #12418
- Texas Board Approved CE Provider for LPC Continuing Education Provider # 3052 (2018/2019)
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselor- Supervisor with over 20 years of experience
- Fellow Status Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Texas Licensed Registered Nurse (over 40 years mental health nursing experience)
- Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider
- Certified NLP Provider
- Certified HypnoFertility and Hypnosis Birthing Provider
- Creator of the TRANQUIL BIRTH METHOD OF CHILDBIRTH
- Certified Meditation Teacher/Reiki Master
- Life Coach/Consultant
- Ordained Minister
- Secular and Non-Secular Education, Degrees, and Training
Call to Register (361) 688-8200 Limited Seating is Still Available NO WALK INS PLEASE! PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
- Attend The 1st Monday of the Month and obtain 3 hours LPC Continuing Education Hours (LPC CEUS)
- GET YOUR 3 HOURS OF LPC CEU HOURS EACH MONTH
- LPC Supervisor Refresher Classes with 6/12 hours of Ethics
- 3 Hours of Ethics Home Study or Hybrid or Face to Face
Who: Cathy Armstrong LPC-S Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider, Clinical Hypnotherapist
What: 1.5 CEUs Home Study and 1.5 CEU Face to Face Training
When: 12:15 p. m. to 1: 45 pm
Where: 5934 S. Staples Suite 206 Corpus Christi, Texas 78413
We take Pay Pal, Checks, Cash, and Money Orders
November 1, 2019
ETHICS Changes in TX LPC Board Rules and How It Impacts LPCs and LPC Supervisors
- 3 Hours CEU Credits
- (Hybird, Home Study + Face to Face) $50.00 Group Rate
- Individual Rate Face to Face/Hybrid $60.00
December 6, 2019 FACE TO FACE LIVE, HOME STUDY AND HYBRID CLASSES
ADVANCED TRAINING COURSE FOR MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDERS WITH A MATERS DEGREE OR DOCTORATE DEGREE IN MENTAL HEALTH SPECIFIC FOR TEXAS LPC SUPERVISORS AND LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS IN SUPERVISORY POSITIONS
- ETHICS FOR LPC SUPERVISORS 6 Hours Credit
- How to Protect YOUR LICENSE
- DEVELOPMENTAL MODELS OF SUPERVISION
- ETHICAL AND LEGAL ISSUES AS A LPC SUPERVISOR
- NEW REGULATIONS REGARDING LPC SUPERVISORS AND LPC INTERNS
- AT OUR LIVE COURSES ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED AND VERIFIED
- HOME STUDY IS AT YOUR OWN PACE
- RECORDS OF ATTENDANCE/TRAINING ARE KEPT FOR SIX YEARS
ETHICAL, LEGAL, AND PROFESSIONAL ISSUES (12 HOURS)
Ethic Section 681.93 Supervision Requirements Revisions Effective February 28, 2019
A Quick Overview
- Supervisors must keep a written record of each supervision session including signed and dated copy of board’s supervisory agreement.
- If the Supervisee is being supervised by two Supervisors, each LPC S needs to have a copy of both agreements.
- The LPCS needs: a copy of the LPC Intern’s wall certificate, documentation of fees and record of each payment and date of each session.
- Should a Supervisee take leave for one month or more (if needed) this must be documented.
- Should a LPCS identify concerns with a LPC Intern there must me a record of concerns with noted documentation of the discussion with the LPC Intern and a written remediation plan (if needed).
- The full professional responsibility of the LPC Intern regarding counseling activities rests fully on the LPC Supervisor.
- The Supervisor is responsible for the Intern’s behavior.
- It is imperative to have a solid contract signed and put in place between the LPC Supervisor and the LPC Intern Supervisee. This is vital to help protect the Supervisor from any possible inappropriate behavior by the LPC Intern.
- The Supervisor must review all provisions of the ACT and board rules in Chapter (681) during supervision.
- The Supervisor must ensure that the LPC Intern is aware of the rules in Chapter (681) and remains in full compliance with these rules.
ETHICS AND LEGAL ISSUES (3 Hours)
- Dual Relationships for the Supervisor/Supervisee
- Due Process
- Evaluation and Monitoring
- Confidentiality,Reporting, & Record Keeping
- Informed Consent
- Isolation and Consultation
- Vicarious Liability
- Guidelines for Ethical Counseling
- Ethical Dilemmas in Counseling
- Meeting the LPC Board Regulatory Requirements
- Working with Other Professionals/Working with Bureaucracies
- Avoiding Risks and Misconduct with Clients
- Managing Conflicts with On Site Supervisors
- Ethical Decision-Making Model
COMMON PROFESSIONAL CHALLENGES FOR THE LPC SUPERVISOR
- Challenging Situations – the application of supervision methods and practices.
- Standards of Practice.
- Managing Stress and Preventing Burnout- recognizing stress and burnout in counselors, strategies to manage stress and prevent burnout, strategies for the LPC Supervisor to manage stress and prevent burnout.
EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS OF THE LPC SUPERVISOR (3 Hours)
Meeting Licensing Board Regulatory Requirements
- Preparation for the Supervisee and Licensure
- Managing Bureaucratic Issues of the Organization
- Meeting the LPC Licensing Board Regulatory Requirements
- Group, Individual, and Tridactic Supervision Meetings
- Methods, and Requirements Record Keeping
- Supervision Contract (Board Agreement and Individual Contract)
- Supervision Plan
- When Remediation is Needed