A Wellness Practice for the Mind, Body, Heart, and Soul
The First Step Is To Call, Schedule an Assessment and Together Create a Personalized Program Just For You! Please Leave a Message & I Will Return Your Phone Call ASAP! Thank You! The Next Steps We Can Do Together Using a Variety of Research Based Therapies, Methods, and Tools Combined With Faith and Hope.
This is a healing practice for the release of fear, creating inner peace, and facing obstacles that keep you stuck and unhappy. I offer, compassion, words of encouragement to help you be in charge of your life, remove your blind spots, and cut ties with old, unproductive negative ways that work against you!
I am here to offer you a variety of different opportunities and services for change, healing, personal,and professional growth and training. Please read the section called Dear Future Client carefully before scheduling an appointment to ensure you are making an appointment with a therapist that meets your specific needs.
LEARN About the Limbic System & STOP THE PATTERN OF FIGHT FLIGHT FREEZE
- Change Your Thoughts, Beliefs, and Catastrophic Thinking
- Open to New Possibilities and Outcomes
- Stop Sticking Yourself to be Stuck
- Learn to Control You Reactions to Stress
- Change Your Point of Reference
- Make new Choices that You Can Make once your Know that It's Possible
- Stop Attaching to the Negativity and Fear
- Explore Self-Defeating Thoughts and Self-Talk
- Stop Self-Sabotage & Get Out of Your Own Way
- Identify Your Strengths & Limitations
- Stop Attracting the Wrong Support People
- Stop Attracting the Wrong Relationship
- Stop Taking Ownership for Other People and their Problems
- Learn to Ask Yourself "Who does this problem really belong to?"
- Explore Your Mindset What is it IT That You are Attracting
- Attitude Change for Successful Living, Having More Happiness, Love, and Joy
- Reprogram Your Thinking & Learn to Stay Centered, Stress Less
- Guided Imagery Meditation to Create & Accomplish More
- Enjoy a Life Full of Balance, Peace of Mind, and Success
- Release Pain and Stop Hurting Others
- Learn to Be a More Positive & Intuitive Person
Integrative Spiritual Direction, Wellness Counseling, Life Coaching, Hypnosis, LPC Intern Supervision Openings
- EMDR, Yoga Breath Work, EFT (Tapping), CBT, ACT, Prayer
- Meditation, Mindfulness, Sleep Quality Enhancement, Healthy Nutrition
- Food Addiction, Binge Eating, Repeated Diet Failure Recovery
- Anxiety, Low Level Depression, Anger
- Sex Addiction, IPORN, Codependency, Love/Relationship Addiction
- Sexual Issues in Men and Women's Health and Wellness
- Vegan & Low Carb Nutrition Coaching, Diabetes Nutrition Coaching
- Obesity Counseling & Consultation, Hypnosis and Psychoeducation for Binge Eating Disorders
COMBING NEUROSCIENCE, MINDFULNESS, and Setting The Intention
Maternal Mental Health
- Transition to Parenthood Individual and Couples Counseling
- Stress Management Sessions
- Career, School, Family, Work Counseling & Life Coaching
- Infertility Counseling and Hypnosis
- Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum Classes, Hypnosis, Counseling
- Premarital, Couples, and Marriage Counseling
Dear Future Clients Please Read Carefully:
- If you or your loved one is having thoughts of suicide or homicide please call 911 immediately.
- We provide information about our services only to the potential client if they are over the age of 18.
- We are a practice of commitment, change, wellness, personal, and professional growth!
- We are a Mind, Body, Spirit-Whole Person Practice
- We offer 90 minute session rather than the traditional 50 minute session and are mostly self-pay!
- We do not treat serious mental health issues in this office. We see clients with normal everyday concerns. We do not work with attorney offices for the purpose of litation.
- We see only couples that are both 100 % committed to change and talk to both parties.
- We do not see couples for individual therapy and require the couple to be seen together. If individual therapy is needed in addition to couples counseling we will be happy to work with your therapy to provide continuity of care and to fulfil the requirements of the licensing board.
- We do not prescribe medications and do not offer emergency or crisis counseling.
- We do not treat serious substance abuse issues as part of couples counseling.
- If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol we require that you are in counseling with another therapist treating your addiction and we will be happy to coordinate services for couples or marital therapy.
- We do not take cases involving litigation, attorney, court, custody, divorce, or social security documentation or court appearance ! Our notes are not to provide information to the courts or legal system and are not written as a narrative to be used as a tool to help win a case or court related problem. In the event that an attorney wants your records or contacts our office there will be a fee charged, a retainer fee is changed, and fees are charged for court appearances, including driving time.
- If you are in hopes of using your insurance, please call them and make sure that I am in network, ask if you have a deductible and how much it is, ask how much you still need to pay to meet your deductible then what your co pay will be once that is met. Ask if you have a copay and ask what that will be, find out if you need a referral and or an authorization from your physician to be seen for counseling, find out how many session you are allowed per calendar year.
- This is a practice of healing and 100% client commitment!!!
What We Do Treat:
We Receive Referrals from:
- The Internet/Google Searches: Faith Based, Christian, Counseling, Hypnosis, Spiritual Direction, Meditation, CBT, ACT, Narrative Therapy, Animal Assisted Therapy, LPC Intern Supervision, LPC CEU'S, Anger, Anxiety, Fear, Worry, Couples, Pre-Marital, Marriage, Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum, Grief, Nutrition, Sleep, Weight Loss, Wellness, Holistic, Mind Body Spirit.
- OB-GYN Offices: Infertility, Stress, Anxiety, Relationship, Abuse/Trauma, Birth Trauma, Birth Fears, High Risk Pregnancy Counseling, Gestational Diabetes Nutrition, and Stress Management, POS, Menopause, PMS, Hypnosis Birthing
- Rheumatologists: Autoimmune Disorders, Mediation, Hyonis, Nutrition , Stress Reduction
- Endocrinologists: Counseling and Hypnosis for Stress, Nutrition Coaching, Behavior and Stress Management, Emotional Symptoms from Pain to Anxiety, Fear Release, Compliance and Commitment Issues to Wellness and Better Health
- Oncologists: Cancer recovery counseling and stress management during diagnostic procedures, radiation, chemotherapy, surgery, recovery, nutrition consultation, anger, guided imagery, tapping, EMDR, hypnosis, guided visualization,
- Internal Medicine/Family Practice Docs and Providers: IBS, Diabetes, Relationship/Marriage Problems, Obesity, Weight Loss, Food Addiction, Alcohol Addiction, Smoking Addiction, Relationship Counseling, Addiction Poor Self-Esteem, Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Empaths, Highly Sensitive People, Grief and Loss Counseling
- Gastric Bypass Offices: Food Addiction, Diet Failure, Weight Gain after Bariatric Surgery,Stress Management, Out of Control Eating and Binging Problems, Obesity, Weight Loss Compliance, Anxiety Disorders, Guilt, Shame, Family of Origin Issues, Unresolved Childhood or Adult Trauma/Neglect. Abuse, Core Wound Counseling and Release, Learning Self-Care, Loving Yourself, Finding that You Are Enough!!!!
Wellness Counseling and Consultation Services
- Addictions (Food, Therapy, Love, Relationship, People, Shopping, Alcohol, Drugs, Sex, Iporn)
- Learning to Stop Absorbing the Stress and Negativity of Others
- Moving Beyond the Feelings of Being Alone, Misunderstood, and Lacking Self-Worth
- Stop Becoming Involved With a Detached and Emotionally Unavailable Partners
- Stop Becoming Overwhelmed, Over Reactive, & Impulsive
- Stop Feeling Drained by Energy Vampires
- Stop Attracting the Wrong People in Your Life
- High Level of Sensitivity: intune with animals, read others energy, have a "knowing, " very intuitive, highly sensitive people
Stand Strong! You Are Worth It! You Have The Power To Change!
Healing Relationships...Healing for YOUR INNER CHILD, MIND, HEART, AND SPIRIT! Cathy Carlisle Armstrong, RN, MS, LPC-S has both secular and non-secular degrees. She has secular degrees in nursing, psychology, and counseling, with advanced studies in Holistic Wellness Counseling, EFT, Hypnotherapy, EMDR, Couples/Relationship Issues, and Supervision. Cathy is an ordained minister with a (non-secular) doctorate in religious studies and theology. Cathy is a pioneer in the Coastal Bend Area and well known for the work she has done working with the power of the Mind in conjunction with the Body and the Spirit since the 80's. Cathy has advanced studies, training and front line experience in addiction, psychoneuroimmunology, cancer recovery therapy, neuroscience, meditation, multicultural healing, nutrition, diabetes, autoimmune disorders, infertility, high risk pregnancy, natural childbirth, and metaphysics. Cathy is a member of the American Holistic Nurses Association and a Fellow with the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. She is a Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider and is a former LCDC. She provided LPC Intern Supervision in Corpus Christi and specializes in the Mind Body Connection for Physical and Emotional Wellness, Personal Growth, and Change.
A Fee of $100 is charged if you fail to provide 24 hour notice of cancellation .
Weekend and after 4:15 pm sessions must be paid in full at the time of booking.
A cancellation fee of 100% of service will be charged in the case of NO SHOWS or sessions that are not
cancelled or rescheduled within 24 hours of the session time.
5934 S. Staples, #206, Corpus Christi, Texas 78413