Corpus Christi Counseling, TX LPC Intern Supervision, TX 40 Hour LPC Supervisor Course
Meet Cathy Armstrong, RN, CMHIMP, MS, LPC-S
About Cathy Armstrong
Cathy believes in addressing The Whole Person when she teaches classes, conducts workshops, and provides hypnotherapy and counseling. She has offered a variety of Integrative Holistic Wellness Services for over 40 years in the Coastal Bend. Cathy is a South Texas Leader in the fields of psychoneuroimmunology, mind body spirit wellness and perinatal psychology. She offers tele- mental health counseling, hypnosis, classes, and support groups for pregnancy, postpartum and other women's' issues.
Cathy offers professional counseling services to individuals facing challenges and feeling stuck in life. She offers general counseling and hypnotherapy for anxiety, depression, stress, and major life changes.
Professional Counseling and Hypnotherapy can help!
Maybe you are having trouble sleeping at night, and unable to stop racing thoughts, unable to put your thinking in the STOP Mode. You might be facing a new challenge like working from home, being a parent or in a complicated relationship. Perhaps you are coping with an illness, a high risk pregnancy, having problems with premature labor contractions, having to be on bed rest, or recovering from Covid 19. The stress of Covid 19, anxiety, depression, and fear could have been stressing you out long enough and you are tired of managing you problems by yourself. Help is available and if things are not getting better for you managing challenges in life on your own, it might be time to try hypnosis or professional counseling.
Cathy is a Licensed Professional Counselor (1994)-Supervisor, Registered Nurse (1974), Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider, Certified Childbirth Teacher in Lamaze (trained in 1976),The Originator of South Texas Tranquil Birth Services(20060, and has been certified by 3 Leading National/International Methods in Hypnosis Education. Cathy has studied TM, Mantra, Yoga, Body Scan Meditation, The Silva Method has taken numerous online training courses with Dr. Tara Brach, Dr. Bruce Lipton, Dr. Jack Kornfield, and Dr. Deepak Chopra. and has attended Live Hay House Events. Cathy has both secular and non-secular training and education. She is an ordained minister and her dissertation was on outcome studies exploring mind body spirit connection and outcome results of cancer recovery and treatment of autoimmune disorders.
Cathy has traveled in the United Stated and Canada to obtain leading research based knowledge to improve her Practice in the fields of Perinatal Mental Health, Play Therapy, Hypnosis for Childbirth, Infertility, and and the Creation of Healthy Families.
Cathy offers professional training and CE Hours to LPC's in the State of Texas, Texas LPC Intern Supervision, and the 40 Hour LPC Supervisor Training Course. All Services due to Covid 19 are on Zoom and Self Study for your protection.
Cathy has been trained by Pam England in Birth Story (coping with Birth Trauma), author and creator of Birthing Within. Cathy has over 40 years of combined mental health experience, birth experience, and has helped hundreds of women have amazing births naturally without the use of medication at both hospital and home births.
Cathy manages Virtual Tranquil Birth Childbirth Education Classes that incorporates, Cognitive Behavior Therapy Coaching techniques, mindfulness, affirmations, mediation, self-hypnosis, basic, intermediate, vision boards, expressive and creative art work, and advanced relaxation techniques, and fear release! Cathy has earned the prestigious status of Fellow, with the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists.
A Note From Cathy About Maternal Mental Health
Welcome New & Expectant Parents in Texas!
With the stress of Covid 19 Services for Women, Relationships, and New or Expectant Mothers and Their Partners are available via Zoom. Services for women that are pregnant or have recently had a newborn baby. Secure web cam services include: virtual Hypnosis Services for hospital births, birth centers, and home births. Cathy is passionate about the work she does to empower pregnant and new mothers manage the transitions of motherhood with ease and joy. She finds it a joy is to work with pregnant, birthing, and new parents enjoy healthy, peaceful, more relaxed and birth experiences. Cathy believes that pregnancy, birth, and being a new parent are sacred experiences. Memories of those precious and special times are to be treasured and cherished for a lifetime. Memories of those precious and special times are to be treasured and cherished for a lifetime. Memories of those precious and special times are to be treasured and cherished for a lifetime.
- Pregnancy, Infertility, Conception Issues
- PTSD Birth Trauma Recovery Counseling
- Prenatal Meditation & Stress Management
- Professional LPC CE's
- Fear and Anxiety Release
- Blended Families
- Postpartum Counseling
- Birth Counseling
- Hypnosis for Childbirth
- Hypnosis for Preterm Labor (Doctors order requested)
- Hypnosis for Natural Labor Induction (must have physician approrval and referral)
- Relationship Conflicts
- Miscarriage, Stillbirth
- Grief, Bereavement, Loss
- Divorce, Separation
- Other Women's Issues
TX Mental Health Professional Counseling Services for Women, Couples, New Families
As a Licensed Professional Counselor, Cathy offers clients a safe place to self-reflect, explore, create, and change. Together you visit the possibilities for personal and professional growth. Cathy listens with compassion, offering words of encouragement. Cathy will help you explore language, communication, and, behavior patterns, core beliefs and values. Explore the limitations and weaknesses you see about yourself and turn them into strengths and successes.
- Learn to See your own blind spots and stop finding fault with others.
- Learn to Have a Voice, be able to say, "NO!" without feeling guilty, afraid, or ashamed!
- Create Healthy Relationships and Set Healthy Boundaries.
- Learn to Stop giving away your personal power.
- Know that you have choices and the ability to use the power of your mind to create success.
- Build your self-confidence and learn to say, "No, " rather than withdrawing, shutting down, and feeling like everything is your fault if your do not people please!
- Release fear, and welcome an opportunity to bring your baby into the world with ease, peace, and joy!
- Gain self-respect and the respect of others with compassion, love, and joy.
- Allow yourself to have the ability to go through life with ease!
- Gain stress relief during your pregnancy and postpartum time.
- Enjoy the magic of parenthood.
- Bond with your unborn baby!
- Release core beliefs, thoughts, feelings, and attitudes that keep you from creating the life, birth, or career you want to create!
LEARN About the Limbic System & STOP THE PATTERN OF FIGHT FLIGHT FREEZE
- Change Your Thoughts, Beliefs, and Catastrophic Thinking
- Open to New Possibilities and Outcomes
- Stop Sticking Yourself to be Stuck
- Learn to Control You Reactions to Stress
- Change Your Point of Reference
- Make new Choices that You Can Make once your Know that It's Possible
- Stop Attaching to the Negativity and Fear
- Explore Self-Defeating Thoughts and Self-Talk
- Stop Self-Sabotage & Get Out of Your Own Way
- Identify Your Strengths & Limitations
- Stop Attracting the Wrong Support People
- Stop Attracting the Wrong Relationship
- Stop Taking Ownership for Other People and their Problems
- Learn to Ask Yourself "Who does this problem really belong to?"
- Explore Your Mindset What is it IT That You are Attracting
- Attitude Change for Successful Living, Having More Happiness, Love, and Joy
- Learn How to Work with Your Mind and Body in Harmony the way Nature Intended
Integrative Spiritual Direction, Wellness Counseling, Life Coaching, Hypnosis, LPC Intern Supervision Openings
- EMDR, Yoga Breath Work, EFT (Tapping), CBT, ACT, Prayer
- Meditation, Mindfulness, Sleep Quality Enhancement, Healthy Nutrition
- Food Addiction, Binge Eating, Repeated Diet Failure Recovery
- Anxiety, Low Level Depression, Anger
- Sex Addiction, IPORN, Codependency, Love/Relationship Addiction
- Sexual Issues in Men and Women's Health and Wellness
- Vegan & Low Carb Nutrition Coaching, Diabetes Nutrition Coaching
- Obesity Counseling & Consultation, Hypnosis and Education
Combining Neuroscience, MINDFULNESS, and Setting The Intention
Dear Future Clients Please Read Carefully:
- If you or your loved one are having thoughts of suicide or homicide please call 911 immediately.
- We provide information about our services only to the potential client if they are over the age of 18.
- We are a practice of commitment, change, wellness, personal, and professional growth!
- We are a Mind, Body, Spirit-Whole Person Practice
- We offer 90 minute session rather than the traditional 50 minute session and are mostly self-pay!
- We do not treat serious mental health issues in this office. We see clients with normal everyday concerns. We do not work with attorney offices for the purpose of litigation.
- We see only couples that are both 100 % committed to change and talk to both parties.
- Family Therapy and Couples Counseling Services are Different and Marriage Counseling is not covered by most insurance plans. We do not prove EAP work. We must contact your insurance plans before scheduling and appointment and we request that you also contact your provider not just read about your plan on the Internet.
- We do not see couples for individual therapy if they are coming here for couples counseling. We do require the couple to be seen together. If individual therapy is needed in addition to couples counseling we will be happy to work with your therapist to provide continuity of care and to follow the requirements of the licensing board.
- We do not prescribe medications and do not offer emergency or crisis counseling.
- We do not treat serious substance abuse issues as part of couples counseling.
- If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol we require that you are in counseling with another therapist treating your addiction and we will be happy to coordinate services for couples or marital therapy.
- We do not take cases involving litigation, attorney, court, custody, divorce, or social security documentation or court appearance ! Our notes are not to provide information to the courts or legal system and are not written as a narrative to be used as a tool to help win a case or court related problem. In the event that an attorney wants your records or contacts our office there will be a fee charged, a retainer fee is changed, and fees are charged for court appearances, including driving time.
- If you are in hopes of using your insurance, please call them and make sure that I am in network, ask if you have a deductible and how much it is, ask how much you still need to pay to meet your deductible then what your co pay will be once that is met. Ask if you have a copay and ask what that will be, find out if you need a referral and or an authorization from your physician to be seen for counseling, find out how many session you are allowed per calendar year.
- This is a practice of healing and 100% client commitment!!!
Healing Relationships...Healing for YOUR INNER CHILD, MIND, HEART, AND SPIRIT!
More About Cathy
Cathy has both secular and non-secular degrees. She has secular degrees in nursing, psychology, and counseling education, with advanced studies in Holistic Wellness Counseling, EFT, Hypnotherapy, EMDR, Couples/Relationship Issues, and Supervision. Cathy is an ordained minister with a (non-secular) doctorate in religious studies and theology. Cathy is a pioneer in the Coastal Bend Area and well known for the work she has done working with the power of the Mind in conjunction with the Body and the Spirit since the 80's. Cathy has advanced studies, training and front line experience in addiction, psychoneuroimmunology, cancer recovery therapy, neuroscience, meditation, multicultural healing, nutrition, diabetes, autoimmune disorders, infertility, high risk pregnancy, natural childbirth, and metaphysics. Cathy is a member of the American Holistic Nurses Association and a Fellow with the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. She is a Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider and is a former LCDC. She provided LPC Intern Supervision in Corpus Christi and specializes in the Mind Body Connection for Physical and Emotional Wellness, Personal Growth, and Change.
Fee and CANCELLATION POLICY:
We take only a few insurance plans and most of our services are self pay. We are on some Blue Cross Blue Shield, Plan but not all of them. We take Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield, (we do not take Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, or BCBS HMO). We accept Human PPO, Aetna PPO, and some plans of Untied Healthcare PPO.
Please call your insurance carrier prior to scheduling a visit.
- A Fee is charged if you fail to provide 24 hour notice of cancellation .
- Payment is due at the time the appointment is scheduled and must be collected before the session begins!
- Weekend appointments and after 4:15 pm sessions must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- A cancellation fee of 100% of service will be charged in the case of NO SHOWS or sessions that are not
- cancelled or rescheduled within 24 hours of the session time.
Telephone Us (361) 688-8200
5934 S. Staples, #206, Corpus Christi, Texas 78413