- My name is Cathy Armstrong and I am an experienced mental health clinician in the fields Professional Counseling, LPC Intern Supervision, Life Coaching, and Clinical Hypnotherapy.
- I have over 40 years of combined experience in traditional and mind body spirit counseling and holistic nursing working with children, teens, couples, families, and adults.
- My current focus is in Training, Education, Supervision, Life Coaching and Mentoring
My personal passion is studying world religions, learning about the healing practices of other cultures, and the joining of eastern and western philosophies. I incorporate the three dimensions of Body-Mind-Spirit to Create Desired Change in my personal life and private practice.
I work with my clients to help them create healthy lifestyles, using a Whole Person-Holistic Approach. I encourage clients to draw on their personal resources including prayer, personal faith, religion of choice, and self-reflection. I offer wellness education and holistic wellness coaching combining my knowledge in professional counseling, nursing, wellness education, spiritual direction, nutrition, and hypnotherapy.
- My Hypnosis and Life Coaching Practice offers a path to healing the mind,body, heart, and soul. Learn to become aware and mindful about your relationships with yourself, others, and the interactions you have with your thoughts, feelings, and actions.
- Learn to release old habits and toxic dis-ease patterns and dis-harmony as you move into Balance, Joy, Freedom, and Inner Peace.
My Educational History includes: Secular and Non Secular education, training, and degrees in nursing (RN, since 1974), Bachelors Degree in Psychology, MS Counseling, 1990, and LPC Licensure in 1994. I returned to school to pursue further education in spiritual direction and religious studies, became an ordained minister and obtained an advanced degree. I have extensive training in CAM, qigong, metaphysics, yoga, reiki master certification and meditation. My passion is providing Wellness Counseling, and incorporating the Mind, Body, Spirit Connection to the clients I work with. I offer speaking engagements on the Body-Mind-Spirit Connection and offer LPC CEU Hours for Professional Development.
I am a Fellow with the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. and became certified in Hypnotherapy in 1982. I am a long time member of the American Holistic Nurses Association, The Coastal Bend Chapter for Play Therapy, and local member of a local Marriage and Family Therapy Group that meets every other month. I have had advanced training in HypnoFertility, Pain Management, and Hypnosis for Natural Childbirth. I am a former Hypnotherapy Labor and Birth Doula and the creator of the Tranquil Childbirth Program.
I offer professional training and supervision in the areas of :LPC Intern Supervisor, Training, Hynotherapy, Life Coaching/NLP, Mindfulness, Ethics for LPC's, and Ethics 6 Hour Review Class for LPC Supervisors.
I provide professional consultation work for LPC's wanting to set up a private practice. Currently I offer weekly sessions in my private counseling and hypnosis practice on Ethics, Medical Meditation, Bariatrics, Guided Imagery, Hypnotherapy, and more!
Texas CEU Approved Provider for 40 Hour CEU LPC Supervisor Training Course to start in the Fall 2018!
Some of the life concerns clients see for include:
- Communication Problems
- Anger Management
- Responsibility Taking
- Grief, Bereavement, Loss Issues
- Coping with Difficult People
- Working with Difficult Personalities
- Boundary Setting
- People Pleasing
- Needs for Acceptance and Approval from Others
- Self-Esteem, Self-Worth
- Family of Origin Issues
- Parent/Child or Parent/Adult Child Issues
- Anxiety, Depression, Stress all ages
- Gas Lighting
- Poor Impulse Control, Manipulation of Others
- Relationship Issues with a Person that is an Addict
- Behavior and Conduct Problems in Children and Teens
- School Problems, Help with 504, Teacher Concerns
- Behavior Plans for Home and School
- Diagnostic Evaluations for Bariatrics, Behavior Problems, Depression, Anxiety, ADD/ADHD
- Coaching for Self-Esteem, Self-Empowerment, Personal Growth
- Hypnotherapy and NLP for Change, Pain Management, Weight Loss
- Family problems and Family Counseling
- Feeling stuck, trapped, going nowhere
Professional Counseling Services For The Childbearing Year
- Fertility and Conception Issues
- Couples Counseling
- Pregnancy Adjustment Issues
- Birth Trauma, Fear Release
- Postpartum Counseling
- Miscarriage, Stillbirth Grief Counseling
Career and Professional Growth
- Career and Job Problems
- How to Start a Professional Counseling Practice
- LPC Intern Supervision
- Supervision Training for LPC's
- Prenatal, Birth, Postpartum Depression CEUS in Counseling/Hypnosis
- Hypnotherapy for Infertility and Childbirth Fear Release and Pain Management LPC CEU
- Tranquil Childbirth Workshops CEUS
- Infertility CEU Workshops
- CEUs Life Coaching and NLP
- LPC CEU workshops for Child and Teen Therapy Issues, Ethics, Supervisor Training
- LPC CEU Workshops CEUs on Grief Across the Lifespan, Postpartum Depression
- Therapy for LPC Interns not under my Supervision
Services for Parents: Counseling, Consultation
- Coping with a Special Needs Child ( cancer,autoimmune disorders, ADD/ADHD, ASD, ODD, Conduct Disorders )
- Grief and Loss
- Anxiety Disorder, OCD
- Trauma in Adults Only Non Legal/Court/ Attorney Involved Issues
- Sibling Rivalry, New Baby Adjustments
- Transitions, Family Adjustments
Services for Professional Development and Advancement
Friday 3 Hour CEU Services for LPC's, LPC-Supervisors
Corpus Christi Texas LPC Intern Supervision
Services for LPC Interns: I have 1 space available to take a new LPC Intern
- I currently am supervising 4 LPC Interns and have space to take one more Intern.
- Please note I will not be able to be your supervisor in you do not have a licensed mental health profession on site as your supervisor.
- You must have all of the requirements met before asking me to sign your paperwork as your supervisor. LPC Intern candidates will be terminated if the board denies your temporary license due to failure to meet the LPC Board Rules and Regulations for Temporary Licensure.
Private Pay, Self Pay Openings for Hypnosis, Life Coaching, and Group Therapy
Women's Group Meets Sundays form 9 am to 10:30 am RSVP only
Group Support during your transformation and growth process, in your discovery of your unique, authentic, creative, amazing, and beautiful self connecting to Your Mind, Body, Heart, and Soul.
Book Club Group Meets Sundays from 11:00 an ti 12:30 pm Monthly
Fee: $30.00 RSVP only
Cathy Armstrong,MS, RN, LPC-S, Cht
Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor
LPC INTERN SUPERVISOR # 12418
Approved LPC CEU Provider #3052
5934 S. Staples Corpus Christi, Texas 78413
Telephone: (361) 850-4499
5934 S. Staples, Suite 206 Corpus Christi, Texas 78413 Telephone: 361-850-4499 Five Oaks Plaza