WHO: LPC Intern Supervsors and LPC's Get Ethics CEUS! Each month gain 1.5 CEU's in ethics/ supervisors in need of ethics training by a LPC-S
Cathy Armstrong LPC-S Texas Board Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor #12418
Texas Board Approved CE Provider for LPC Continuing Education Provider # 3052
LPC's and LPC Supervisors :
Attend The 3rd Monday of the Month and obtain 1.5 hours CEUs at each event!
Organizing Trainings to Fit the Needs of Local South Texas LPC's and LPC Supervisors
A total of 9 hours in ethics will be offered over the next 7 months
Plus 40 hour Supervisor Training CEU Program in May 2018
1.5 CEU Live Presentations The 3rd Monday of the Month for 6 months Starting March 19th, 2018
Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q Conference Room
6101 S Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78412
Cancelled The 12:15 p. m. to 1: 45 pm March 19, 2018 has been cancelled!
Call us about RSVP for The Third Monday of The Month No Walk Ins
Starting MARCH 19, 2018 Cancelled to be rescheduled
Ethical Considerations for Supervisors in Working with Minors and Parents, and LPC Interns Part 1 of 4
Supervisor Considerations When Working with LPC Interns Working With Minors In Agencies/Private Practice, Billing Practices, Marketing,, Documentation, Receipt of Payment, Place of Employment and Site Location.
How to keep your license. Identify Your Type of Supervision and Explore if it is Working for you!
1) LPC Supervisor and LPC Participants will familiarize themselves and review the possible pitfalls in working with children and teens, agency problems that occur when providing supervision to LPC Interns.
2) A review of informed consent, parental consent, parental involvement, when does counseling become forensic counseling or not be covered by insurance and explore what possible problems you face with supervion.
3) The counselor will be able to feel comfortable in decision making regarding HIPAA, Client Rights, when to refer out for psychiatric and or psychological assessment, and ethical billing practices for yourself and your LPC Interns!
4) Reporting abuse and or neglect for children, the disabled, and elderly and how to ensure that your intern is following proper protocol.
The format will be psychoeducational, lecuture, and interactive, and small group discussion.
There will be an evaluation form to complete at the end of the session.
You will receive a CEU Certificate of your attendance and participation for Ethics in Working as a Supervisor and your role in Ethical Considerations Working with Agency LPC Interns/Private Practice Anyone can attend. Ethics specific for Supervisors.
LPC's come learn how to protect your License!
Before the group meeting please read Board Rules and ACA Code of Conduct pertaining to minors. Please write down any questions or comments you have during your reading and bring them to the presentation.
1. 5 Ethics CEUS = 1.5 CEUS for LPC Supervisors
Other topics for LPC Ethics and LPC Ethics in Supervision include: Styles of Supervision, Cultural Considerations, Countertransference/Transference.
April 16, 2018 3rd Monday of the Month: Part 2 of 4
1)Learn the different types of supervision and styles and how they can be applied to how you supervise your LPC Interns. Come and explore how your style of supervision impacts your work as a clinician with your own clients, and with peer professionals.
2)Learn about the role of ethical considerations in cultural diversity and ethical/cultural competence.
3) Explore issues with transference and countertransference and how your react, respond, and work though those issues in supervision, with your clients, and with professional peers.
Fee: $10.00 by check, money order, or Pay Pal Must Prepay RSVP ONLY!! Seating is Limited!
Please be preparred to discuss one time that you felt insecure or uncomfortable with eithical dimlemas in your practice working with an LPC Intern over an ethical situation with a minor. There will be time for Questions and Answers.
RSVP by March 1, 2018 by Calling Cathy at: (361) 688-8200
- Join us for monthly local CEU Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner mimi workshops. Local Eat and Learn Sessions are $10.00 per 1.5 CEUS . Call Us at (361) 688-8200
Ethics Fee: $20.00 for 3 CEUs or $10.00 per 1.5 CEU hours
Ethics Can be taken with the course ( 40 Hour Supervisor Training) or separately for CEUs in Ethics/Ethics, Ethics for LPC Supervisors
40 Hour Course Fee: $400.00
Monthy Topis for Lunch Group Meets 3rd Monday of the Month RSVP Tel: (361) 688-8200
- HIPAA Confidentiality in Counseling and Working With LPC Interns (Counts as Supervision CEUs)
- Sexual Issues in Counseling & Supervision (Counts as LPC Supervision & Ethics CEUs held separately too)
- Documenting & Reporting (Counts as Ethics and LPC Supervion held separately CEUs)
- Multicultral Issues in Counseling and Supervision (Ethics & Superviosn help separately CEUs)
- Clinical Considerations Working with Couples
- Clinical Considerations in Working With Children (Ethics & Supervision help separately)
- Review of the LPC Regulations (Ethics & Supervision)
- Review of the ACA Code of Ethics (Ethics & Supervision held separately)
- Models of Supervision, Ther Role of the LPC Supervisor and
- Counseling Techniques Working With Children and Parents
- Postpartum Depression
- Working With Resistant Clients
The Supervisee (Ethics in Supervision)
- Online and Electronic Therapy and Ethical Considerations
Coming in May 2018
40 HOUR APPROVED LPC CEU PROVIDER SUPERVISION COURSE FOR LPC INTERNS
- HYPNOTHERAPY CERTIFICATION TRAINING Fee for Hypnotherapy Certification is $600.00 or $200 for each level of Training.) Advanced CEUs are Available for $10.00 per each 1.5 hours of group training or $180.00 per each 1.5 hours of individual training and certification.
- Level I
- Level ll
- Level lll
- Smoking Cessation
- Pain Management
- Weight Loss
- Phobias/Fears/Anxiety Release
- Life Coaching and NLP Workshops
Join Our Monday Lunch Group RSVP ONLY