WELCOME To the Counseling Office of Cathy Armstrong, RN, LPC-S
If your are struggeling with a mental health problem, making a decision, or wanting to change a part of your life that no longer is working for you, please give me a call. I am a licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor based in Corpus Christi, Texas. You are invited to explore the site and contact me with any questions to see if we might be a good fit to do some therapeutic work together. It is possible to work through trying times and challenges by bringing clarity to difficult decisions and adding additional perceptions and options that work for you. If you want to create balance, become happier, and more self-assured it can be helpful to get some input from a Therapist, Life Coach, or Mental Health Professional Counselor. You might consider getting some help from an unbiased third party counselor who does not have a personal agenda for you other than helping to identify, clarify, and express what you are wanting and needing to be happier and more content.
Do you sometimes feel like you keep addressing the same problem over and over and the problem keeps coming back up? Have you tried counseling, couples therapy, psychotherapy, play therapy for your child and you still keep butting your head against the wall. Give us a call. You will not be treated with the same approach to finding a solution to your needs that is used on everyone that enters our doors. You will have a tailor made plan specially designed for the needs of yourself, your family, and your relationships.
When I am working with couples that are married, dating, or in a committed partnership, I use an integrative approach using direction and practicality. I use a Multi-Modal approaches that are specific to each unique couple, because all couples are different. By customizing the needs of each couple they receive the most effective outcome resulting in a partnership that is working specifically for them. I incorporate systems therapy and am able to see one is resistant to couples therapy. if there is a change in one person, the relationship will be impacted and also changed. "It takes two people to 'continue the same dance."
When working with children, families, and couples I use an Integrative and Whole Person Approach...Mind, Body, and Spirit. We work together to explore the joys in your life as well as the heartaches and challenges. We look at ways that you might be creating stress with thoughts, feelings, actions, and beliefs that cause you to be stuck and get in your own way. Many times we create our own obstacles and need to explore the root of our maladaptive ways that no longer work for us.
A Holistic Practice
Holistic care means treating the whole person and sometimes their family system and not just parts of the individual. Holistic counselors do not just isolate the problems that brought the individual, couple, family, or child to the counseling office. Maladaptive behaviors, poor coping abilities, intense emotions and feelings are not the only thing being addressed. We look at the whole picture, past, current, and look where we are headed in the future if change does not occur.
Clients receive a complete wellness evaluation on various dimensions of functioning (Occupational/Educational, Intellectual, Environmental, Financial, Physical, Psychological, Emotional, and Spiritual) to ensure optimal functioning of the whole person including the mind, the body, and the spirit. Intimacy, trust, conflict resolution, and sexuality issues will also be explored.When integration of the whole being occurs, changes are more likely to be longer lasting and meaningful as a person gains insight, clarity, and life purpose.
Holistic counselors believe that helping people to change one day at a time involves creating a positive environment, self-love, social support, emotional regulation and mood stabilization and spiritual connection. The holistic counselor helps create a roadmap with goals and tools that are are beneficial to their journey within. Holistic Counseling offers creative problem solving skills, behavioral rehearsal, unconditional support and continuity of care with referring physicians. You do not need a referral to see Cathy for an appointment.
Currently we offer services to include
- Relationhips Problems, Couples, Marriages, Families
- ADD/ADHD & Bariatric Weight Loss Evalutaions
- Counseling/Psychothreapy for Anxiety, Depression, Phobias
- Intensive Couples/Marriage Counseling
- Treatment for Addictions and Substance Abuse
- Couseling & Play Therapy for Adolescents and Children
- Pregancy/Postpartum Anxiety & Depression Couseling
- Codependency, Inner Child, Family of Origian Counseling
- Group Therapy, Training, Education
- LPC Intern Supervision
We provide individual, family, couples and group counseling as well as distance counseling and Hippa Protected webcam sessions for the convenience of our clients. We offer weekend and extended evening hours Monday-Thrusday.
We See Many Individuals for Holsitc Therapy because:
- They are conscious about their bodies, what they put into their bodies
- Have not made progress with tradional talk therapy
- Are creative and not a good fit with tradional counseling
- Overthinking individuals
- Have not healed from old traumas
- Parents want their child to be in more creative/expressive counseling
- Children are provided with prescriptive play therpy
- Want to include spirituality into their lives
- Are looking for clarity and life purpose
- Are interested in CAM and alternative therapies
- Are wanting to live a more mindful life
- Have body image difficulties, health problems, or somatic issues
- Are looking for CAM Wellness Group
- Are LPC Interns Looking for a more Integrative Supervision Experience
We help couples to heal issues such as:
- Conflict, Boundaries, Communicaiton
- Pre-Marital Conflicts
- Separation, Breakup, Divorce
- Gaslighting, Power & Manipulation
- Jealousy, Trust, Control
- Money & Finances
- Sexual Issues
- Family of Origin
- Infidelity & Trust
- Elder Care
- Time Management
- Parenting, Blended Families
- Division of household chores
- Demands and Expectations
- Agreements and Commitment
Cathy Armstrong, RN, LPC-S offers psychotherapy, LPC Intern Supervison, play therapy, and hypnosis in Corpus Christi, TX Relationship Counseling in Corpus Christi,TX, and Marriage Counseling in Corpus Christi, TX. Convenitnt to Kingsville, Alice, Taft, Aransas Pass, Portland, and Aransas Pass.
Please Call Us at: (361) 688-8200